The Chickasha Public School Foundation (CPSF) was created in 1985 and incorporated in 1986 to provide additional educational opportunities for Chickasha Public School students.
The founders were Carroll VanDyck, Veda Bush, Kenneth Glazier (former Chickasha Superintendent of Schools 1985-1988), Loretta Jackson, Robert Hays, John Mosley, Jerry Kirkpatrick, Dr. Alan Weedn, Beverly Carter and Dan Ramsey.
The first major gift was a $5,000 donation from the Kiwanis Club of Chickasha, and over the next year private citizens, organizations, and businesses in the area donated an additional $15,000. Through generous ongoing contributions our investments have grown today to over $1,000,000.
In 2006 a milestone when the board hired it's very first employee. Roddy McKenzie was hired as Development Director he began the process of laying the ground work for a sustaining membership campaign. Due to health reasons, Roddy's service ended in June 2008. In February, 2009 the Board hired its first Executive Director. Great strides were made with implementation of the Board's vision for a Sustaining Membership Campaign and under her leadership and direction, $450,000 was raised toward the goal of $1,000,000 in less than 2 1/2 years.
In March 2009 CPSF opened its very first office in the CPS Administration Building at 900 W. Choctaw, Chickasha, OK.
Today we operate out of a former school site at 1301 S. 7th street in Chickasha.